St. Brendan's National School


Go to content

About our school

About Us


St. Brendan's National School currently has two mainstream teachers and a part time learning support and resource teacher.

It is situated in Wolfe Tone Square, in Bantry town and is next door to the fire station.

The school is a distinctive stone building and was built in 1853. It has two classrooms which are separated by a wooden partition.

We are very fortunate to have access to the Parochial Hall, which is attached to the school, particularly for P.E. lessons and for rainy breaktimes.

As well as Irish pupils, we currently have Latvian, Albanian and English pupils.



Statue of St. Brendan



Back to content | Back to main menu